Training the Complete Athlete will come to campus to train all athletes, your coaches and trainers and even campus counselors. This is an opportunity for the members of your athletic department to gain knowledge in identifying and managing mental health issues. We can come and present specific topics or we can customize around the needs of your department.
TRAINING OF STAFF – $2500* Per Day
1 Day (9 hours) of training of teams, coaches or staff or any combination. This can include one speech to all athletes covering general mental health topics and skills.
Options of training day
- 90-minute coach training session covering identify, supporting and referring mental health issues in their student athletes. A handbook is included.
- 90-minute athletic trainer training covering things to look for, ways to communicate and best referrals for student athletes. A handbook is included.
- 60-minute training session for coaches covering developing a coaching style and team culture that best supports the modern athlete.
- 90 minute all athletes meeting covering anxiety, depression, suicide, and basic coping skills.
- 60-minute individual team meetings- Coach chosen topic. Follow up evaluation for coach.
- 60-minute campus counselor training- Covering how to best communicate with student athlete, the keys to their experience and motivations. Handbooks included
We also offer follow-up with staff and can help with crisis management.
$2500 a day if there is limited drive time.
$3000 a day if travel is required & cost of plane ticket.
Our Online Community
Training complete athlete offers an online community that allows student athletes to interact with each other and a mental health consultant.
This community includes 24 hours a day access to our resource library, including master classes by Coach Kos covering a wide range of Mental Health Topics. Each class module has a worksheet with it that gives the student athlete a tangible skill they can apply on and off the field.
The community also gives the opportunity for student athletes to talk with each other about their struggles. There will be a counselor that will be live at least once a week and will observe the chat to answer any questions and monitor the site.
This community gives support to a student athlete no matter what hour or where they are. So often mental health issues happen in the night or on the road. This is a solution for these exact issues.
This only community is a yearly subscription. Athletic departments can buy this subscription for their student athletes as a whole, or individual student athletes can subscribe on their own.
Online community annual cost is $15,000
For athletic departments with over 275 athletes, the cost is > $55 per athlete
Small Group Mental Health Consultations
Training the Complete Athlete offers small groups that allow student athletes to come together to gain education and be able to process issues with other athletes and a mental health consultant.
Small Groups offer the blend of group consulting and psycho education. A student can choose a group by the topic, such as ADHD, they get 17 minutes of psycho education and the remaining 43 minutes of the hour are a group consulting session with 7 other student athletes and a counselor.
The classes are offered throughout the week in order to work around class, practice and games. This is a great option if your department doesn’t have the needed counselor to support a whole department or if the counseling department does not have a background in athletics.
This allows student athletes that are not wanting to come forward to their parents or to staff to get what they need at a price of the average copay.
Each session is $30 per student athlete
*Athletic departments can purchase session for a student athlete, or a student athlete can purchase them on their own.
Student athletes prefer group setting to battle the sense of loneliness a student-athlete can feel.
THE TRUTH OF MENTAL HEALTH COSTS
- Average cost of a college campus counselor $72,000 plus benefits.
- Average number of clients a counselor sees per week 25-30.
- Hours limited to workday and months that school is in session.
THE TRUTH OF TCA MENTAL HEALTH COSTS
- Cost for 3 days of training, the online community for the athletic department and 100 group hours comes out to $27,000
These three services would cover training for athletes and staff, offer support to student athletes 24/7 through the calendar year and offer small groups specialized to the student athlete’s needs.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Carrie’s interactions with kids are positive and productive. She is always supportive, caring, patient and kind. Carrie is 100% committed to helping kids succeed, no matter the challenges they face.
I first met Carrie when I was a college student athlete. She was able to help guide me through multiple stages of my life, from transitioning out of college athletics to motherhood. It is because of the influence of Carrie’s mentorship that I am the person I am today. There is no doubt that no matter how long you interact with Carrie and no matter the setting, your life will be changed.